Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Elephant print t-shirt

My friend saw a girl wearing a shirt with little elephants on it, and she really liked it, so I thought maybe I could try making it. First I cut out a little elephant from a piece of thick paper. It's a good thing I made it a simple elephant because it was easier to paint. I applied fabric paint with a brush. I also measured the placement of the elephants so that they would be equidistant. But the measuring was kind of an afterthought after I had stenciled the first row, so the group of elephants was a little off center. I tried to fix it when I stitched the t-shirt (because it was a men's size), but it was getting tiresome, so I gave up. Oh well, I still have more paint and I still have the stencil, so I could do it better if I felt like it. Also, I wanted black paint but Michael's didn't have it, so I got a teal color instead.



I'll put a picture of my friend wearing it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment