Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

Free T-shirt Makeovers!

I got a lot of free t-shirts, some of which were pretty big, so I refashioned a few of them.

This one is the most recent one. It was XL to begin with. I just cut off the sleeves and took in the sides. It was very quick.



I think it looks better with a sweater.


I made this peplum top a while ago. It was size small originally, but I managed to squeeze out a peplum. Hurray.


 And this dress used to be an XL T-shirt. I cut the shirt in half. Then I cut off the sleeves and collar and hemmed them. I took in the sides of the top part. I gathered the bottom skirt part, but overall the dress would have been pretty short, so I added some white cloth in between to lengthen it (also from another free T-shirt). Then I sewed them all together. There are a few flaws if you look closely, but that's okay.


For this shirt, I just sewed the sides all the way like I did for the gray shirt I made a while ago from a Cotton&Curls tutorial. And then I made a curved hem.


The End.

Edit: JK, not the end. Here some more pictures of my t-shirt dress.




No comments:

Post a Comment