Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Gold elephant t-shirt and refashioned shorts

I bought a $1 shirt from the flea market and painted an elephant on it with gold fabric paint. I used a "3-dimensional paint" bottle, which means the paint squeezes out of the bottle. This was actually way, way better than using a paint brush. The bottle offers so much control, and it doesn't necessarily have to be 3-d and funky looking if you don't want it to. It's easy to make small, flat strokes, and they come out pretty cleanly.

After painting and letting it dry, I cut off the collar and hemmed it and cut off some of the sleeves and rolled them up. I also made the sleeve holes a bit smaller.

I think the elephant came out well. I couldn't find one that I liked online, so I made a design myself. I like making unique designs. It's really fun. I could do it all day.

The shorts are made from the top half of a maxi skirt. They're not that great, but I can wear them at home. I basically made a slit down the middle and then added a rectangular piece of cloth on the inside to prevent bunching, but next time I should make it wider.




My friend got me that bow belt. It goes well with the shirt!

By the way, here are some more detailed pictures of the sleeves:

First I cut off an inch or two and rolled a hem and secured it.


Then I took in the sleeve a bit (the picture shows the sleeve inside-out)


Here are the shorts in action!




No comments:

Post a Comment